Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teaching the Gospel to Your Kids

By: Johnny Coggin

You probably want your kids to "get" the gospel. You probably want to be actively teaching your kids the gospel. Even still, you may struggle with how to explain it in ways they can understand, especially at a young age. Join the club!

With that in mind, I couldn't help but share this personal testimony from one of Grace Evan's own families.

Ryan and Stephanie Braithwait are in our Grace Group. They have 3 beautiful kids, ages 3 and under, and they want their kids to know the gospel and love Jesus, just as they love him (and are loved by him!).


"Sometimes I struggle with knowing how to present the Gospel to my little ones in a way that they can understand. I mean I feel like often times I'm not even able to fully understand the gospel in all it's glory, how do I show three year old how to know and love it?

Then something happens like tonight."

The way Stephanie goes on to model and explain the gospel in three-year-old terms is absolutely beautiful.

Go read the rest here, and then look for ways you can model and teach the best news of all to your kids, and to people of all ages!