Friday, September 16, 2011

Do You Hear The People Sing?

By: Erin Pearce

I know we all have certain seasons of life, but I feel like I have several friends, family members, etc. who are going through some extremely difficult situations. I am reminded in these moments how important it is to have community. Think about when you have gone through something so gut wrenching, that it makes it hard to think clearly about the situation. How beneficial is it for us to have people around us that know the truth and will speak the truth to us in these crisis situations. We are all fighting for something. Hopefully we are fighting to glorify the Lord and bring truth and light into dark places. As I watched Les Miserables last night, my soul was moved as I saw people band together to sing about their crusade. What an impact we could make if we joined together to push back the curse.

Check out these lyrics and think of the sin we fight, how Jesus paid for our sins and made us free and that heaven awaits us.

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?

Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!