Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Synchronicity?

2Peter 1:17 For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” 18 we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain. 19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

As remarkable as the transfiguration is, as amazing as seeing Jesus and being touched by Jesus and hearing the Father’s voice from heaven (all in the same moment)… we have something more sure, the scriptures.  My hope in telling you this story is that the experience will take you to His word and that you will be left with a deeper love for Him.

I've told my wife that this experience has made me afraid of God… not tyrant ruler fear, but God is awesome fear. He has given me a glimpse of what He is up to and it makes me fear Him in the most reverential sense, because He is just so awesome. My mind is blown. And if you listen to this message, yours will be too…

I have a friend named Billy. Billy is in prison.  I met him via a letter while working at a church in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi.  Billy’s letter was one of two letters written to my Senior Pastor, Jean Larroux, in response to an article he had written in the newspaper but because he was in his last days in Bay Saint Louis, in the middle of transition to move his family and pastor a church in Alabama, he gave the letters to me. They sat in my briefcase for months until I finally wrote back.  Billy and Richard couldn’t have been more different.  It became clear that Richard was just interested in whatever favors the church would be willing to do for him. Billy, on the other hand, was more interested in sharing with me about the favor he had received from God.
After about 6 months and as many letters, Billy told me that he hadn't had a visitor in almost ten years since first going to prison.  It broke my heart.  I told Tiffany I had to go see him, which terrified me.  The prison was about 2 hours away and when I got there and met Billy, it was an emotional avalanche.  We sat in the visitation area crying and praying for almost 3 hours.  It was awesome.  We discovered we had both been converted to Christ about the same time.

There is far more to this story… far more to God's sovereign hand on Billy's life and where it's going. Check it out!   -Chris Leuck

Please click here to hear the rest of the story.