Thursday, March 29, 2012

The God Who Serves


By: Morgan Martin        

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

I have been reading through the Gospel of Mark, where Mark tells of miracle after miracle that Jesus is performed - healing the blind, making the lame to walk, causing the mute to speak, and making the dead alive again. I was reminded again how powerful Jesus is! 

Then I read the verse above. It says that the Son of Man didn’t come to be served, but to serve. That blew me away. This King of kings, Lord of lords, Almighty God did not come to earth to be served --- although that is exactly what He deserves --- but came to serve, and give His life so that I might have abundant life through His death. I was reminded of His grace, and how undeserving I am.