Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Two Things


By: Kim Killebrew      

A few weeks ago I got to meet Susan Hunt, the conference speaker for this year. She is a precious woman, warm and lively. It was truly delightful to be with her, as I would honestly liken it to being with Jesus. She encouraged me to read one of her books, and I have been faithfully following through with her homework.

On page 51 of Women’s Ministry in the Local Church, we read, “John Owen, the great Puritan theologian, teacher, and vice chancellor of the University of Oxford, wrote twenty-four volumes of theology in tiny print and elephantine English. After reflecting upon God’s teaching about the church for the whole of his life, he said that all pastoral ministry basically boils down to two things: making those who are not in union with Christ to know that they are not in union with Christ, and making those who are in union with Christ to live as if they are in union with Christ.”

As I read this book and other Susan Hunt books, I am faced with the question, “Do I want other people, particularly women, to glorify God?” It is not enough to want to glorify God in myself, but do I long to see others living in union with Christ? It is this question that changes the way I view every relationship and every circumstance. Do I love Jesus and enjoy him so much that I want others to enjoy him, too?

Susan Hunt is a gift to women. She is accomplished and impressive, but humble and endearing. Please don’t miss the opportunity to hear what she has to say! Make plans to join us for the Women's Conference on March 31st. You won’t regret it!